Wednesday, May 07, 2008

backtracking

It has been a bit since I last posted, the reasons are the usual. Not enough time, busy, stress, and illness. I ran a fever the weekend we moved, fever chills the whole nine yards. It was Wednesday before I went back to work and Saturday before I felt decent. Saturday Indra went to see Iron Man and I conked out at home, slept the whole day, it was great. Sunday, was housework and my Sit and Stitch. It was great to get to go again.

I don't really have an excuse for not blogging Monday or Tuesday, other then I just didn't But I was busy today so there is alot to catch up on.

Indra's surprises were a Pomegranate tree and a Blue Girl rose, she was thrilled, and most determined Dean not mow them over. she was with out Internet until today and I was afraid she was going to have a nervous break down. She actually had to resort to cleaning to keep herself occupied. We got the Internet just in time for her mouse to go south. It started double clicking on nothing , which made it hard to play solitaire. So tonight we went and got a new mouse.... and keyboard... and mouse pad (20$, it is fancy). The trade off is I get the computer tonight.

My brother emailed me out of the blue. Apparently he had lost all my contact info and now after several yrs of my father not being able to remember my phone number or address he found me again. I talked to him on the phone and emailed him several times. Relationships are hard work even those you are born with. Maybe if we had telepathy it wouldn't be so hard to talk to people.

I was reading journals and browsing pictures and stumbled across the Daring Bakers website. It had instant appeal to me, pictures, recipes and people to share them with. So I signed up. And then I started thinking, I wanted to have some incentive to cook other things as well, and after a little searching I found the answer. Taste & Create, A blog recipe swap type thing. So I signed up for that too.

I now have the daunting task(at least to me) of going back over past entries and adding recipes so I can participate in the Taste & Create challenge. I started by marking all my food entries with a tag (I must use tags more) And bartered some computer time from Indra for adding recipes tonight. I think what I am going todo is use links instead of writing out the whole recipe in an entry. Indra has volunteered to create a web page for me somewhere to link to and it will be alot easier for me to format and type up my recipes separately instead of while blogging.

No comments: