Saturday, April 04, 2009

Spring has sprung

Spring is officially here, I have the first rosebud outside my window and the other day a swarm of bees crossed the road in front of my car. It also means the poison Ivy is back and I got my first rash of the season, itchiness abounds. :(

In general I like spring it is one of the few times of the year I can go outside without the heat killing me. Usually I take advantage of this (and the new greenness of everything) to plant stuff. I am planning on picking up some basil and thyme today (the oregano from last year is still growing good) and am debating getting some strawberries or peppers (If Indra wasn't allergic I would be all over the tomatoes). If nothing else I have fun browsing.

I got notification last week that I had won a blog giveaway and received a very nice electronic something I am going to give Indra for Xmas. Like I told her I get 8 months of enjoyment by teasing and taunting her the joy of seeing her open it, and then I get to play with it just as much as if I had kept it for myself, which is to say not much.

To that end I took pictures, and shall post them one picture per post. Just little teasers, it will entertain me for at least a couple weeks. So picture #1.... The box it came in! OOOO AHHHH, look at that! I even included my hand for scale! see how generous I am?

You know what else spring means? Tax season is almost over and I almost have my life back.

No comments: