Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Happy Birthday to me


Yesterday was a horrible day. It was my birthday. I loathe and hate my birthday. I have a horrible history with them, the first one I remember I gave myself a headache. Another one I got Chicken pox from one of the guests. I have had birthday parties where even my own cousins didn't show up. I had an angle food cake with a 45 degree angle on top. All in all not a good experience. But I think for pure misery yesterday has to have been in the top 5. I waited all day for Indra to wish me a happy birthday and it was almost 9 pm before she finally did. She was online by 12 and talked to me then nothing. All day others said Happy Birthday but nothing from the most important person in my life. It hurt and I was miserable. She didn't do it on purpose she just didn't want to say Happy Birthday while I was at work. I got home and we cuddled and I felt better. And next time she will know that I am a fragile flower filled with angst and insecurities.

The end of the world has come I found chocolate that I refuse to eat. This is me who will eat baking chocolate in a pinch. But Black and Green Organic chocolate sucks ass! It has this floral after taste that reminds me of lilacs or that nasal spray they keep trying to give me for allergies (and what sadist thought allergy medicine that smelled like flowers was a good idea). And before you ask, it wasn't just me, everyone I shared it with agreed, what a waste of money.

I saw a woman today with gorgeous hair. She was black (of course) and had these silver braids. They were thick and wrapped around her head into a coil / knot / bun on the back of her neck. Some days I really do wish I was black, they can do some of the coolest things with their hair and get away with outfits I can only dream of wearing. That and it would be nice to fry after 5 seconds in the sun.

I have been feeling particularly needy recently. Which means I want to go shopping and buy chocolate and books at a minimum. And I would really like to go splurge on things for me. I am hoping Birthday cake (chocolate with peanut butter frosting) homemade chicken and egg noodles with mashed potatoes, and a new car this weekend will take care of these urges.

PS: Almost forgot. Here is the quote of the week.
"Luck is my middle name," said Rincewind, indistinctly. "Mind you, my first name is Bad."
-- (Terry Pratchett, Interesting Times)

No comments: