Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Snow Day


It snowed last night! (see picture on left, that was in McKinney) Actually Snow! Not the usual ice pellets and rain they get here and think is snow. Granted it was pretty much gone by noon, but while it was here it was real honest to God snow. I made a threw my first snowball in years, it made a very satisfying splat, the only thing that could have made it better was a human target rather then the building.

Yesterday started cold and just kept getting colder. So I took my poor shivering self to The Olive Garden for lunch. I love their soup and salad deal, it is about the same price as a decent burger, fries and a coke (I blame TX, it was soda til I came here). And the best part is the soup. Zuppa Tuscano and Pasta Faguli, One warms you up the other fills you up! I thought I had died and gone to heaven, a couple bowls of soup, some bread sticks and I was full and warm all the way through. It was perfect. I really need to figure out how to make the Zuppa Tuscano (I have a Pasta Faguli recipe).

And lastly, all this weather changes is making me sick... again. I am not sure if it is just drainage or the beginnings of something like strep but I am pretty sure it is not getting better and that I am not going to like it.

Spell checks back!!!!!

No comments: