Thursday, May 22, 2008

Lucky Charms


Have you ever taken a close look at the shapes in Lucky charms? not the marshmallow bits but the oat bits. I did today and was surprised by their obvious X-tian overtones.

There is of course the fish and an X, both ancient symbols of Christianity. Also a clover (symbol of the trinity) and a tree. I find this in sharp contrast to lucky horseshoes and pots of gold.

I tried googling for an answer and found plenty on the marshmallow shapes but nothing on the oat ones other then someone mentioning that they had noticed the fish and what did others think.

Just something to contemplate the next time you are scarfing down some marshmallowy goodness.

1 comment:

Cakespy said...

That really is interesting! Of course it might not stop me from slarfing them on down my throat...

Or, as Homer Simpson might say, "Mmm, Jesus Cereal"