Wednesday, July 18, 2007

The worst day ever!

One last post for the day. cause this is what started it all. Yesterday sucked! I mean really really sucked!

I woke up at 7:30 even though I had gone to bed about 2am. For me this is not good. Honestly any day that starts at 7:30 is on shaky ground.

After I had dithered around for an hour trying to pry my eyelids open I wondered into the bedroom and Indra woke up in an even worse mood then me. She yelled about the dog, the kittens, the pounding and the bird. She cried and panicked about not getting donuts. I stuffed some pills down her, put her back to bed and herded the animals out of the room.

At this point I am awake. Not happy but definitely conscious and functioning. So I turn to email. No money for the vet Rhonda says, check on Bindi reveals a vet visit in her future. So I call around, and then I call Rhonda, Vet visit approved and off I go.

Me and the kitten head to Petsmart, she is curled up under my chin cause she feels miserable. I am not much better and I realize half way there that while I managed to get a bra on I am wearing shorts and everyone is going to be subjected to my very white hairy legs. And I have not had breakfast. I am also trying to call the spice place about my messed up order and for the life of me can't remember my phone number, after three tries I finally get a message left. and I arrive at the vets.

They get me in quick enough and start adding things up and boy is it adding up. And then they throw in the Kicker. No matter what they do Bindi will have on going issues requiring constant medication and mucho dinero spent on medical care (including at least one surgery). This is bad. correction, this is VERY bad. Bindi is a foster kitten and she is now unadoptable, and very expensive, and not really fixable even if I had the money which I don't. I call Rhonda, she agrees, I double check with dr, He agrees. In the end I agree too. It was very very bad, and I cried, alot.

The poor receptionist didn't know what happened and when I went to wait for Rhonda to come pay he was all cheerful and perky. then he saw the bill, it was very awkward for him though I was to upset to really be more upset.

So now there are 5 graves in the back yard that I try not to think about too much.

And to cap it of I spent 5 hours at the Dentist numbed to my eyeballs while I got my teeth cleaned two cavities drilled and a root canal. They put a jaw block in my mouth to keep it open and afterwards (and during) my jaws ached so bad.

I really wish there was a way to make yesterday never happen.

1 comment:

Indra said...

It was a truly horrible day and you handled it very well.

I will miss Bindi, and I am grateful that you made the decision. I wish I had been able to be there with you, but it is true that I handle my worst migraines very poorly.

May your Thursday and Friday be much better.